Sunday 20 July 2014

Culinary Perfection: Café Des Amis

Follow the page on Twitter here
Check out the page on Google+
 

Restaurant review of Café Des Amis


This week I had the joy of spending the evening in one of London’s top French restaurants: Café Des Amis. Situated in the heart of London (Covent Garden), the classically French restaurant delivered modern style, elegance as well as sublime flavours throughout.

The atmosphere in the restaurant was busy yet not crowded – just a comforting social buzz as soft background music permeated through the restaurant. Our waiter was outstandingly attentive with our glasses constantly refilled and our meals arriving in record time.

 The restaurant presented an extensively delectable menu which made my decision near impossible with so many temptations on offer. However in the end I chose “wild mushroom risotto, rocket, truffle oil” (£9.00). This turned out to be a wonderfully light risotto – delicately balancing the pepperiness of the fresh rocket with the abundant wild mushrooms – superb!


For my main I had “roast rump of lamb, buttered green beans, fondant potato, lamb jus” (£24.50). This divine dish was certainly the star of my meal. As the meaty aroma wafted itself in my direction I knew the dish would be good but didn’t realise it would be excellent until my first mouthful. Wow! The lamb was cooked to utter perfection – wonderfully tender with a gorgeously subtle rosemary undertone as it was soaked in the gentle jus. The aldente green beans, although simple, were glorious and added a good dash of texture to the dish. These complimented well with the fondant potato – another element cooked to perfection – wonderfully buttery yet still firm – an elegant compliment to this refined dish.

For my desert I had “Crêpe des Amis, chocolate sauce, vanilla ice cream” (£7.50). The crêpe was perhaps a little thicker than I was expecting but was none the less gorgeous with a wonderful crisp edge to offset its slightly thicker texture. This was a sublime combination as it was accompanied by fresh strawberries and dark chocolate sauce. My mouth is honestly watering just thinking about this meal, let alone when I was actually enjoying it.


Overall, a wonderful night out and I’m sure I will be returning soon to delight my taste buds again at this luxuriously fabulous French restaurant –délicieux!



Pictures: http://www.cafedesamis.co.uk/ + Own editing on Paint; Own taken in restaurant (11-14 Hanover Place, (off Long Acre), Covent Garden, London, WC2E 9JP ) 
Check out the page on Google+
 

No comments:

Post a Comment