Wednesday 26 March 2014

What's cooking?

Follow the page on Twitter here
Check out the page on Google+
 

Ok, so this is my first ever post as a blogger – how exciting/scary!

Well, I thought I’d start off with something simple but essential – food. And more importantly good food. Namely my dinner tonight – a lovely homemade minestrone made in true Italian style that any culinary perfectionist would be proud of...not that I can take credit for this one. No, for this masterpiece, the award must go to my mum. As the mouth-watering aroma wafted through our kitchen of stewing carrots, courgettes and celery combined with tiny stars of pasta (I know – how cute!) the dish was finally served in a delicious broth to make a tasty but healthy supper.
 
 
If you want the recipe it’s from Nigella Lawson "Kitchen", pages 152-153 . I thoroughly recommend although don’t feel you need to stick to the same veg – experiment and add colour to the dish – mine had carrots, courgettes, some  green beans, celery and leeks in. Tickle your taste buds further with a hefty sprinkling of parmesan cheese for that ultimate Italiano taste. I hope you enjoyed my short but sweet post, there's plenty more to come! – happy eating!
Check out the page on Google+

No comments:

Post a Comment